Why is document collaboration important for remote work?
Document collaboration tools allow all team members to view, edit and work synchronously to achieve common goals. Some of the very important use cases of these tools are:
- Management of documents (sharing and storage)
- Collaborative documentations
- Review of documents
- Task management
How are document collaboration tools useful?
- Increased security - For instance, when you send emails, you will have greater (and selective) control over who can view/ edit it.
- Reduce the number of tools in your stack - Instead of having multiple apps for different use cases, one can use a single document collaboration tool (e.g. Slite, Notion) to have it all in one place.
- Increase in productivity - Time that’s spent on searching for and gathering a document is saved.
- Version control in documents - When changes are being made and are shared in the team, it might be tough to keep track of the latest version. Document collaboration tools do this automatically for you.