Remote Work 2020 is live 🙌
This week I have an exciting update to share! I have so much to talk about, I will dive right into it.
Our most ambitious project to date, Remote Work 2020, is now live 🎉 You can view the project at Remote Work 2020. We are also live and trending on Product Hunt - so, do give us a shoutout if you like our efforts
What is Remote Work 2020?
Remote Work 2020 is the culmination of all our efforts and learnings thus far basis our personal experiences, insights from our conversations with leaders of top remote companies & remote-first makers, and stories of successful remote workers.
It is a combination of 3 sections -
1. State of Remote Work 2020: Stats, figures & insights based on our survey of 331 remote workers from Invision, Gitlab, Doist and many more distributed teams!
2. Remote work guide: Our commentary (totaling 7,122 words) on pressing topics around remote work based on learnings from interactions with leaders of distributed teams and successful remote workers.
3. 5 Podcasts & 13 stories: The actual source of truth for us . The collection of podcasts with leaders from Gitlab, Invision, Doist, Scrapinghub, FlexJobs, etc. and chronicles of remote workers - the people we have learnt the intricacies of remote work from!
In what order should you read the Remote Work 2020?
We created Remote Work 2020 to be your go-to resource whenever you want to refer a particular topic around remote working, borrow inspiration from others who have been working remotely/ leading remote teams or to simply fulfil your curiosity around what's what in the world of remote work! Just FYI, each section is independent of any other.
I know all of us are busy and it is going to be tough to read through the entire content, even in multiple sittings. So here's my recommendation on what you should definitely read:
1. Managing a remote team - This is by far the most relevant section. Even if you are not leading a team, the topics we cover here (and the solutions thereafter) are things you will find useful and immediately executable for your team.
2. Battling loneliness - As an individual remote worker, you will find this section very intriguing. We have also covered best practices as a team, that you can implement, to first acknowledge and then tackle, loneliness.
3. Culture in a remote team and Being remote-first - I would recommend you read this after you have covered 'managing a remote team' since these sections delve into finer details on how best to build and function as a remote team.
5. State of remote work 2020 and Is remote the future? - These sections should primarily give you a benchmark on where remote work is headed and what other remote workers are thinking. You can browse through them whenever you have some spare time, while travelling or when you are taking a short break from work.
We will be making constant updates to Remote Work 2020 and I will keep you posted about that. Additionally, it would mean the world to us if you drop a line with your thoughts, feedback or comments. Your support and love have motivated us so far to take up brave initiatives and we strongly believe that will continue to happen
As always, here our top picks of remote-first products this week -
🤳🏼 Friday.app helps you send and view regular updates as a distributed team
⏱ Slack Scheduler lets you schedule Slack messages for future
🎬 Video Window is an always-on immersive video conferencing portal
⚙️ KnowHow is a central hub for all your team's processes
🕰 Timely PWA shows the local time of all of your contacts