Boost Your Web Development in 2023 with These Angular Component Libraries
Angular is among the most-used frameworks for front-end web development. Developed by Google, Microsoft manages the Typescript-based programming language, while it continues to be the first choice of many developers. Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons developed the open-source framework in 2009 to facilitate dynamic web app development. It still performs the initial tasks but has more features and capabilities endowed into it during the last years.
Approximately 300,000 websites leverage the Angular framework today. It is due to the reusable and accessible components that promise speedy development. You can use HTML as your template language and extend its syntax to define your components clearly. Moreover, its data binding and dependency injection relieves you from writing code.
In essence, AngularJS aims to help you create high-performance, large-scale, easy-to-maintain web applications. That is not it! Angular provides a plethora of libraries to meet the custom requirements of developers. Although these libraries can not run solitary, they are well-equipped with powerful abilities to facilitate web development.
This article will list the most popular Angular Component libraries to aid you in selecting the most suitable one for your next project. So read ahead!
Top Angular Component Libraries In 2023 (Features, Pros, And Cons)
With Angular being in the market for a while, new features and capabilities constantly grace the framework to boost its performance. You can import a library to broaden the base attributes of Angular on your applications.
Multiple libraries and plugins composed of innovative elements surfaced for the framework. Here is a compiled list of exceptional Angular Component libraries with their features and a fair share of positives and negatives.
PrimeNG is your one-stop library to access all UI components for Angular. It is an open-source framework that presents a wide selection of Angular UI components. It gives a hand in designing pleasing user interfaces with amplified functionality. Further, it enables single-page application development that loads an HTML page and updates it partly with every click.
Angular PrimeNG delivers several themes and facilitates an unbeatable variety of options to extricate web development. You can allocate your precious time to business logic and tasks instead of contending with complex user interfaces.
- Delivers professionally crafted and tailored templates to begin the project per your style.
- It inhabits a SaaS-based theme engine with over 500 variables and a Visual Designer to simulate your unique PrimeNG experience.
- PrimeNG has a rich collection of data tables, multi-select, dropdown, accordion, notification messages, breadcrumbs, and input components to meet your UI requirements.
- It offers extensive UI blocks to develop sophisticated apps in minutes.
- Access to 90+ Angular Components with a compelling set of UI components.
- Increases productivity by helping you engineer applications in less time with frequent maintenance updates.
- Ideal support for Typescript with types and tooling assistance.
- A strong community where you can benefit from, contribute, and collaborate with open-source members.
- Inconsistent APs and documentation
- A few components overuse or misuse Accessible Rich Internet Applications
2. Material Design for Angular
Material Design for Angular, or Angular Material, is a UI component library used in over 92,000 websites worldwide. It is the official component library and works on Google Material Design. It features elements to build bottom sheets, buttons, dialogs, and more. Material Design is a step ahead and does more than just tell how to design specific things.
You can use the flexible library to create designs that impart your brand meaning. It offers customizable themes and helps in creating feature-rich applications. It allows beginners to incorporate individual components and serve in a descriptive format with their Lines of Code.
- Documentation offers clarity for components and their codes.
- It presents various components, like tables and date pickers, that are often tricky to leverage.
- It accompanies four themes, besides a fully functional default theme, that you can change with a single line of code.
- You can build components quickly and exploit many configurations and possibilities.
- It offers user-friendly guidelines with pre-built haptic feedback, subtle animations, and others.
- It has a friendly community to answer all the problems surfing the net.
- Its dark theme enhances the design process and accessibility purposes.
- Allows customization of pre-built designs as per your needs.
- Material Design can be challenging to learn and understand if you are new to the Angular ecosystem.
- Each component harbors various configurations and options, making it hard to find the ideal solution.
NGX-Bootstrap is an open-source, independent project and the ultimate library to leverage Bootstrap in your Angular applications. About 25.9% of websites utilize Bootstrap owing to its ease of use. NGX-Bootstrap is an extension to core Bootstrap component capabilities and eliminates the need to build these components from the get-go.
It saves time and builds intuitive websites and apps that enhance the entire web application interactivity. You can install the toolkit and seamlessly integrate it with any type of Angular application to avail yourself of state-of-the-art tools. The reliable and convenient framework accompanies the requisite features, including templates and directives, to simplify app creation.
- Extensible, adaptable, and modular-designed components enable easy application of custom styles and templates.
- It uses the latest style guidelines to maintain code and readability and supports advanced angular versions.
- NGX-Bootstrap proposes multiple working demos to demonstrate the functionalities of well-written components.
- Comprises accordion, popover, pagination, collapse, progress bar, and carousel to help create responsive UIs.
- The versatile and free toolkit is backed by the permissive MIT software license.
- It runs on mobile and desktop with the same performance level.
- Access to detailed yet easy-to-understand documentation and hassle-free coding.
- It offers tested components, pre-built themes, and open-source frameworks with regular updation.
- Lack of accessibility in some components.
- It can prove to be less streamlined than desired.
Other Angular Component Libraries Worth Considering In 2023
Besides the mentioned top-grade Angular Component libraries, you can consider the following to initiate your subsequent web application development.
ClarityUI is an open-source system that blends UX guidelines, HTML/CSS framework, coding implementations with Web Components, and design resources to furnish brilliant experiences. It enables product-based development at a rapid speed.
It offers a set of data-bound and functional components along with Angular to boost interactivity. It is a scalable, accessible, customizable design platform built for Angular. You can get hands-on with anything you need to create, personalize, test, and deploy Clarity.
Nebular is another free, open-source UI library powered by Eva Design System Specifications. It comprises over 40 personalized user interface components, four visual themes, and Auth and security models, among other features to help you craft stunning designs.
It has no third-party dependencies. You can directly and easily incorporate Angular UI components into your project to develop engaging and interactive user interfaces for your apps to win customers.
3. NG Zorro
NG Zorro is an Angular UI library based on the Ant Design System. It supports responsive web design and offers out-of-the-box elements to materialize innovative applications. It holds 61 components that fulfill all the requirements to create the finest web app.
You can explore more style variables with NG Zorro compared to other libraries. The best part? In addition to theme customization, it allows you to tailor almost everything to your preference, from spacing to line height to font size.
How to Choose the Right Angular Component Library?
Now you know the top component libraries you can employ for your projects to increase their value and quality. However, the most crucial question remains! How do you pick the correct library that suits you the best? A wrong library can result in flawed and hacky code. Therefore, you must consider multiple aspects before diving into a library. For instance,
1. Software Maintainability
The first thing to wonder about is who are the people behind the library. Does a community back it up, or is it a one-man army? Software maintainability refers to the degree to which an application is comprehended, modified, and enhanced.
2. Flexibility and Configuration
All products are different; hence, comes their diverse needs. Every application demands a varying UX and design that matches its purpose. You must research the collaborations and flexibility a library offers before incorporating it.
3. Ease-of-Use and Dependencies
Everyone prefers an easy way to execute tasks. The same goes when choosing a suited library for the job. While you can install some libraries with a one-line command, a few rely on other libraries or require more effort to set up. It thus becomes challenging to integrate tools or other libraries in the application.
4. Documentation and Resources
When engaging with a new topic, you must search about it on the internet. Multiple ways are there to obtain data about the documentation and capabilities of a specific library. How-to-tutorials, official documentation, and other authentic write-ups can give a helpful gist of what you are getting into.
The initial factors can help you determine the optimal library that will fit your needs and standards. Or you can seek assistance from AngularJS developers to make the process more straightforward and safer. However, like selecting a library, you must follow a reliable guide to hiring AngularJS developers feasibly for your project.
AngularJS is a preferred framework, given its flexibility, simplicity, and effectiveness. And its external libraries can significantly reduce development time and help you build robust and bespoke projects. However, you must select a library that matches your requirements and caters to your objectives and end purpose.