Vendor Selection Checklist: Find Perfect FSM Software With These 5 Key Features
Field services is an industry that depends heavily on customer service provided by field service technicians. The operational workflows involve many tasks across coordination, feedback, equipment management, work order assignment, and much more.
As AI and IoT seep into field servicing workflows, there are many applications available that enable client servicing and project management to tackle the above challenges.
If you’re looking to try or purchase a field service management software, then read more to know which features should be on your checklist.
What is a field service management software?
Field service management software helps businesses like HVAC, telecommunication, plumbing, and more in streamlining their field operations and customer service delivery.
For example, using a field service management software like Zuper, you can automate timesheet updation, approvals, and tracking without any back-and-forth between the workers and office teams.
How does adopting field service management software help in operations?
Here are five key areas where field service management software either eliminates or streamlines repetitive tasks:
- Visualize workflows: knowing how your business is operating will help you find ways to reduce tasks, optimize for time management, and identify roadblocks for business growth.
- Digitize payments: manual payments delay the salary of field service technicians as you track payment flows. Such acts reduce employee retention. By digitizing payments, you can take advance payments from customers to start work too.
- Reduce operational costs: FSM software can track inventories and resource allocation such that you end up reducing expenses due to inefficiency.
- Improve business revenues: CRM and lead management capabilities help nurture, close, and deliver service in the same software, thus improving revenues and business visibility.
- Build a professional brand: having FSM software increases your response time with customers. By customizing it, you can present a reliable and trustworthy brand that is recognizable.
Feature checklist for choosing the right field service management software
Ready to choose a field service management software? – make sure they include below 5 essential features:
Scheduling and dispatching operations form the core of any field service business – getting it right is key for customer service delivery. An FSM software should be intelligent enough to understand job requirements, assign it to relevant and available field service technicians, and manage any issues while servicing.
Without mobile app access, your FSM software is limited to dispatching. A mobile app means having the ability to use geo-tracking and real-time communication channels to track worker movements. It also enables workers to access resources and raise concerns as required.
By digitizing and managing inventory stock, you avoid unnecessary purchases and expired materials. It helps you order when it predicts demand based on historical data. It also helps in streamlining equipment maintenance schedules. Such features are key in optimizing revenues by extending tools’ lifespan and cutting down expenses.
Dashboard access and reporting
Having a dashboard is important to gain visibility on your daily operations. Reporting tools help understand how your daily activities are faring in terms of business outcomes regularly. Such features are critical to making quick decisions to steer the business toward profits and efficient operations.
Advanced billing and finance management
Managing finances, vendor invoices, customer bills, and worker salaries can take a toll as the business grows. Having dedicated features to manage finances is useful for tracking pending bills, making payments digitally as deadlines approach, and preparing financial forecasts. It helps you become a professional brand that is trustworthy with its numbers.
Experience field service management with Zuper
Before onboarding a software vendor for your operations, ensure the following:
- Document and optimize your operational workflows
- Define KPIs for your business and what ‘success’ looks like
- Compare pricing plans and ensure you can afford them when your business scales.
- Conduct pilot tests and ask for vendor support to ensure success
- Understand vendor roadmap – what would be their upcoming features? Are they active in releasing product updates?
At Zuper, we check the above key pointers – our consultants understand your operational needs and suggest the right features that your field service business requires. Powered by Generative AI and geo-fencing, our advanced features yet easy to implement software will remove many manual tasks that bother you today – Book a demo.
About The Author: Mohd Sohel Ather is an accomplished Digital Marketer specializing in content marketing, guest posting, community engagement, and strategic lead management. With a proven track record in devising successful marketing strategies, Sohel excels in leveraging these skills to drive impactful results and enhance brand visibility.