How to Check Discord Account Age
Are you curious about finding when a particular user’s Discord account was created? Or, confirm if an account is actually a real person or a bot? Maybe you want to find out the Discord account age of your own account? In this guide, you’ll find these answers and more
Discord is a VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service and chat application that’s become a go-to communication tool for gamers across the world. Discord can do a lot more than just send a plain text or a voice message, and it offers a host of great features that’s well-suited to gaming - like custom servers, voice channels, and lots of personalisation and integrations.
Of late, Discord has surged in popularity even among teams and remote workers due to its extensive customisation options and unique functionality. It’s also provided a way for people to find others in their areas of interest, and has servers dedicated to almost every topic in the world.
Some servers contain hundreds or thousands of members, while others are more low-key. In any case, if you’re curious about finding the account age of a particular Discord account in your server, you can do so with ease. Read on to find out how to check the Discord account age of a user.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to check the age of any Discord account
To check the age of a Discord account, you first need to ensure that the account has to have Developer mode enabled, and Streamer mode disabled on Discord.
How to enable Developer Mode on Discord
- Step 1. Login to Discord and go to User Settings (gear icon) next to your avatar in the bottom-left corner
- Step 2. In the left sidebar, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ and toggle the Developer Mode button on
How to disable Streamer Mode on Discord
- Step 1. In User Settings, go to ‘Streamer Mode’ on the left sidebar
- Step 2. Make sure the ‘Enable Streamer Mode’ switch is turned off
How to check Discord account age
First, you need to copy the Discord ID of the account. So, if you want to check the account age of your own account, you have to copy the ID of your own account. If you want to check the account age for other users, you’ll need their Discord ID, which you can copy from the right sidebar on Discord.
- Step 1. In the right sidebar on Discord, right-click on the name of the user whom you want to check the account age of, and click on ‘Copy ID’
- Step 2. The Discord ID will now be copied to your clipboard
- Step 3. Go to Discord Lookup
- Step 4. Paste the ID into the ID field and click on ‘Lookup’
- Step 5. Complete the captcha verification
Note: If you want to check your own account age, simply right-click on your username and select ‘Copy ID’
That’s it, the website will now show you detailed information about that Discord user, such as username, badges, account creation date, and whether that user is a bot.
From the user’s account creation date, you can easily calculate their Discord account age.
What’s the minimum age limit for creating a Discord account?
To create a Discord account and access the Discord app or website, users need to be a minimum of 13 years of age, or even higher depending upon local legislation.
Does Discord delete inactive accounts?
No, Discord doesn’t delete any inactive or old accounts.