How to transfer ownership of a Discord server? [2022 Guide]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Discord is a great app to connect with people and to grow your network of people sharing similar interests. However, servers can sometimes have hundreds, or even thousands of members, making it a challenge to maintain such a community.
Additionally, you may also have some other reasons to transfer the ownership of your Discord server. This could range from not being able to spend time moderating the server to having some other commitments. In such cases, it is possible to transfer the ownership of a server. In this article, you will learn how to transfer ownership of a Discord server in just six easy steps.
How to transfer ownership of a Discord server?
- Go to your server and select the server name box
- Click on the ‘Server Settings’ option
- Find the ‘Members’ tab and select it
- Click on the avatar of the person whom you want to transfer your ownership
- Select the menu option beside their name and click on 'Transfer Ownership'.
First, launch the Discord application on your desktop and go to your server. Now, click on your Server Name box at the top left.
Then, click on the ‘Server Settings’ tab which can be easily identified with a gear icon.
Next, on the left panel of your Discord application, choose the ‘Members’ option under the ‘User Management’ category.
After that, go to the avatar of the member that you're transferring your ownership to and click on the ⁝ button beside their name.
Next, you will see a sub-menu and you can click on 'Transfer Ownership'.
Finally, you will be prompted by Discord to confirm the transfer of ownership. Click on the 'Transfer Ownership' button to complete the transfer. After that, a crown will appear next to the name of the new owner in the Discord members list.
FAQs: Transfer ownership of a Discord server
1. Can you transfer ownership to more than one person?
No, you can only transfer the server ownership to one person.
2. Can you transfer ownership to a bot?
No, it is not possible to transfer ownership to a bot in Discord
3. Where are server settings on Discord?
Select your Server Name box on the left panel and then choose the 'Server Settings' tab to view the server settings of your Discord application.
4. How to find the owner of a Discord server?
The owner of a Discord server can be identified with a crown icon next to their name.
5. Will I still be a member of my server after transferring?
Yes, you will remain a member of the server. However, your access will depend on your role's permissions.