How to Change Your Age on Discord - Change your Birthday!
Written by: Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Founder at Flexiple, buildd & Remote Tools.
Last updated: Mar 20, 2023
Be it for gaming or connecting with friends after a long day at work, Discord is one of the coolest places to be online. You can use different servers, virtually hang out with thousands of friends from different communities and do much more! That said, some of these communities and servers are meant only for adults, i.e., you will be to join them only if you are aged over 18.
So, if you have entered an incorrect date of birth unknowingly, you will not be allowed to join certain communities. What’s worse? Your account could be banned if you tried to join such servers. So, how to change your age on Discord? Keep reading to find out.
Table of Contents
- How old do you have to be to have Discord?
- How to change your age on Discord?
- How do you change your age on Discord without an ID?
- FAQs - How to change your age on Discord?
How Old Do You Have to Be to Have Discord?
Users need to have a minimum age of 12 years to have an account on Discord. In addition, users aged below 18 are not allowed to join NSFW servers on the platform. For those of you who are new to the world of Discord, NSFW stands for ‘Not Safe for Wumpus’.
Wumpus is a tiny, cute creature that is endemic to the servers on Discord and is highly sensitive to adult images and videos. It basically serves as a content warning to users and urges viewers below the age of 18 to refrain from joining such communities.
If you are aged below 18 and try to join servers marked NSFW, your account runs the risk of getting banned on Discord. Although it does not happen instantly, there is good reason to be worried.
So, how to change your age on Discord and update your profile information? Here’s how:
How to Change Your Age on Discord?
You need to submit an age update request to update your age on the platform. But, before that, there are a few requirements that every user needs to satisfy. There are as follows:
- Make sure to have a photo ID of yourself. It should clearly mention your age/date of birth and the year. You can use any IDs issued by the government.
- You should also write down your Discord tag on paper. To know what’s your Discord tag, look on the left-bottom of your Discord screen. You should see something like this: user#2323.
- As the final step, get a picture clicked while you hold your Discord tag and photo ID.
- Make sure that the details on the paper and the ID are clearly visible. Otherwise, your age update request might be rejected immediately and you will be forced to submit a new one.
Now, here's how to change your age on Discord:
Step 1: Submit A Request on Discord
There are no Discord age settings on the page. You have to drop a request if you want to change your date of birth.
Here's how to change age on Discord:
- Go to the support page on Discord and click on ‘What can we help you with?’.
- Then, click on ‘Trust & Safety.
- Once done, enter the email address connected to your account on Discord.
- Then, select the ‘Appeals, age update, other questions’ option from the last dropdown menu ‘How can we help?’
Step 2: Add Your Date of Birth
Next, to alter your Discord age, you have to add your date of birth.
- Click on ‘Update my age information’ from the list of options. Follow the MM/DD/YYYY format to fill in your date of birth in the box.
- Do not forget to check the ‘Please confirm that you have attached the required materials’ option.
- Scroll further and you will see a text field labelled as the subject line. You can add text like: ‘Need help with my age update request’. You will also need to explain why you are placing such a request to Discord. You can type your reason in the description box below. It could be something like: ‘I entered the wrong date of birth (incorrect date) and would like to add my actual date of birth (correct date). Please approve my age update request.
Step 3: Attach Your Picture
The last step to change the Discord age is finally here.
- You will find the attachments option below the description box which is one of the most important steps in this process.
- Just upload the picture where you hold a paper with your discord tag and valid photo ID for reference. Add your email address when prompted and you are good to go!
- Click on ‘Submit’ when you are done and wait for a few days for Discord to get back to you regarding your application. If everything seems okay, Discord will directly update your date of birth. If it’s not, your application will be rejected.
Voila! It’s that simple to change your birthday on Discord. However, if your request has been rejected for some reason, do not lose hope. Place another request again and make sure that your picture is visible - it will work!
In case you don't want to be bothered by constant notifications, you can even mute them on Discord.
How do you change your age on Discord without an ID?
To change your age on Discord without an ID, you need to create a new Discord account. By creating a new Discord account, you can set your date of birth to 18 or above.
However, you should use a secondary email address for this.After you’ve created a new Discord account and set your age to 18 or above, you’ll be able to access age-restricted servers and channels.
Age Discord account age can't be easily changed so you can either follow the steps above. But in case you're wondering how to change age on Discord, here's how:
Step 1: Go to Discord’s Homepage
To change your Discord age without id, this is what you can do.
Go to Discord and start the registration process. Remember, you must provide a new Discord tag. Then set the new age you want to have.
Step 2: Register With a Secondary Email Address
This is utterly important: You need to create a new account using a secondary email. Don't use the email link to your existing account.
Otherwise, you won’t be able to correctly set up the account with your DOB.
You will now have the Discord age you wanted. And now, you can even use multiple accounts on Discord.
FAQs- How to change your age on Discord?
Now that we know how to change age on Discord, let's look at a few doubts around it:
1. Can You Fake Your Age on Discord?
Yes, people can lie on Discord and can use a fake age. However, the platform works hard to keep underage users away from NSFW Discord servers.
2. Can I Disable NSFW on a Discord Server?
Yes, you can. If your server started as an NSFW one, you could always reverse your decision in the settings menu.
⇾ User Not Found on Instagram? Here’s Why It Happens
⇾ [Explained] Trust Browser Enable on Android & iOS
⇾ Facebook Featured Photos: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
⇾ How to find someone on Discord if you don’t know their tag?
⇾ How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Snapchat?
⇾ YouTube Join Button: Everything You Need to Know