YouTube Join Button: Everything You Need to Know
Did you know that the number of YouTube viewers is projected to grow to 210 million in the US alone? Yes. In fact, nearly 43% of all internet users across the globe use YouTube every month (over 2 billion monthly active users). Naturally, the high rates of viewership and engagement has turned the platform into a gold mine for content creators.
YouTube has also extended support to these creators by launching features like the YouTube join button in order to help them connect better with their audience. So, what does the join button do on YouTube? Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Table of Contents
- What is the YouTube join button?
- Benefits of YouTube join button for viewers and creators?
- How can YouTubers get the Youtube join button?
- How to add the YouTube join button to your channel?
- How to become a channel member?
What Is the YouTube Join Button?
Known by different names like the sponsor button, YouTube membership button etc, the join button allows viewers to turn into members. To clarify, viewers who click on the button can support the channel’s owner with monthly donations. However, the monthly donation fee (or, the membership charges levied) is decided by the owner.
The total monthly donations received are split in a 70:30 fashion between the channel owner and YouTube; meaning that 70% of the collected amount belongs to the owner and 30% to YouTube. Moreover, this feature has been introduced to help enhance YouTube’s revenue in addition to what the platform generates on ads.
Benefits of the YouTube Join Button for Viewers and Creators
There are numerous benefits of having the YouTube join button - for both creators and users. While YouTubers earn money by using the join button, here are the benefits for viewers after joining the YouTube membership:
- Higher chances of interaction between viewers and YouTubers: Once viewers join the YouTube membership, the platform adds special badges to their names. These badges reflect when you post comments on a video. This also lets the channel’s owner know that you have joined his/her channel’s membership and will reciprocate quicker to such comments.
- For as long as the membership is valid, members can talk live to the channel’s owner.
- Members can get in direct touch with the YouTube channel owners via email to clarify their queries.
How Can Youtubers Get the YouTube Join Button?
Please note that not every YouTuber can add the join button to their channel. There are certain requirements that creators on YouTube should satisfy to get access to this button. They are as follows:
- The creator should be an adult.
- The respective YouTuber’s channel should have a minimum of 30,000 subscribers. Gaming channels should have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- The channel should not be set up for kids and must be a member of YouTube’s Partner Program.
- It should not contain too many unsuitable videos.
How to Add the YouTube Join Button to Your Channel?
Does your channel meet the requirements above? Yay! You are eligible to add the join button on your YouTube channel. Here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the official site of YouTube.
- Click on your profile icon at the top right corner of the webpage. Now, choose the YouTube Studio option from the list of options on the menu.
- Now, click on ‘Monetization’ in the menu that follows.
- Click on the option that enables the membership feature on your channel. Click on it.
- As the next step, follow the on-screen instructions to successfully add the join button to your channel. If you have questions, you can write to YouTube regarding the same and their support team will get back to you soon.
See there was no need to fuss about the YouTube join button.
If after this your YouTube video doesn't load, maybe there are issues while processing it.
How to Become a Channel Member?
To become a channel member, tap on the “Join” button on a channel. The join button is located beside the subscribe button on a YouTube channel.
Once you tapped on the “Join” button, there’ll be a membership pop-up box. Some channels have only one membership tier. Others might have two or more.
Note that some channels do not have the “Join” button on the channel. This is because they are either ineligible for channel memberships or they disabled the feature. That being said, you won’t be able to become a member on certain channels if they do not have the “Join button”.
After you tapped on the button, follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase. There are no refunds. So, be sure to look at the membership perks before you decide to subscribe.
This is how you can hit the YouTube join button and become a channel member.
The introduction of the channel memberships feature has enabled YouTubers to generate more income. It also increases YouTube’s revenue as they take a 30% share of membership revenue. Do you want to support your favourite channel? You can now do so by tapping on the “Join” button to become a channel member as of Jun 22, 2018.
Unlike subscribing to a channel, hitting the YouTube join button and becoming a member of the respective channel is not free. It gives you the chance to know your favourite creators better and connect with them.
With this, we hope you know all about the YouTube join button.
⇾ How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Snapchat?
⇾ How to PM on Facebook? [Step-By-Step Instructions]
⇾ How to Unlike Something on Facebook? [Explained]
⇾ How to Delete a Comment on Instagram? [Step-By-Step Guide]
⇾ How to Cross Out Text in Discord?
⇾ Facebook Featured Photos: Here's Everything You Need To Know