Multiple Discord Accounts - How to use multiple accounts at once
Have more than one Discord account and not sure how to use them together on the same device? Find here how to use multiple Discord accounts.
Discord is used widely for communicating with friends, colleagues and fellow Discord users for various purposes. The app has become a complete communication solution for many. And a lot of users have multiple Discord accounts, one for each different use case. You may also have two or more accounts, separated for work, family and friends.
If you use more than one account on Discord, then you might know that there’s no way at present that the Discord app lets you use multiple accounts at once. You have to log out and sign in to a different account every time you wish to switch. And, truth be told, logging in and out every time can be quite a hassle. But, there’s a way around this and we’re here to help.
So, how do you make use of multiple Discord accounts at the same time without having to type in your user credentials every single time? In this blog, you’ll find a way to make use of your Discord accounts on the same device, mobile or computer. Also find answers to some other common questions about having more than one account on Discord.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to use multiple accounts on a computer
- How to use multiple Discord accounts on a mobile device
- Other options
How to use multiple Discord accounts on a computer?
If you use Discord on a computer and wish to use multiple accounts there, you can use any of the following ways to make use of more than one account at the same time.
1. Use Discord on the app as well as a browser
- Firstly, install the Discord app on your computer from Discord’s official website, by pressing the ‘Download’ button on the homepage.
- Login to one of your accounts. You can use this account from the app.
- For the second account, download and open any browser of choice - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. - and visit Discord’s official website again.
- Here, press the ‘Open Discord in your browser’ button as shown. Login to your Discord account by following the instructions. Every time you open Discord.com on the browser, you can press the ‘Open Discord’ button to access the web app.
Now, you can keep both the browser tab and the Discord app open simultaneously on your computer to use multiple accounts at the same time.
2. Use Discord on multiple browsers
If you wish to use multiple accounts but do not want the app to occupy much space, you can use Discord on multiple browsers as follows:
- Download and open any two or more web browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) of your choice, go to Discord.com in both.
- Press the ‘Open Discord in your browser’ option on either browser and complete the login process.
- Now, every time you open Discord.com in these browsers, you can simply press the ‘Open Discord’ button at the top right corner. You do not need to login every single time unless the history is deleted.
3. Use Discord Canary + PTB + Stable version apps
If you can afford to let the Discord app take a lot of space on your computer, you can download two versions of the Discord app on your device.
Discord has a Canary - Alpha version, a PTB (Public Test Build) - Beta version as well as the Stable version which is commonly used. You can download all the three apps on your computer and access each of them via separate accounts. Keep in mind that the testing version may have bugs, though.
The download links are as follows:
- Discord Canary - Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Discord PTB - Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Discord Stable - Go to Discord.com and click ‘Download’
How to use multiple Discord accounts on a mobile device?
You can use multiple Discord accounts on your mobile device, Android and iOS in the same way as on a computer. Either download the app and open it on the browser, too, or open it on two browsers.
You can download Discord on your mobile device through the below links:
Also, open Discord on any browser on your mobile. You may see that the homepage immediately reloads to show only the download link. To tackle this, you can access Discord.com directly from the browser when initially logging in.
Other options to use Multiple Discord accounts
If you’re not satisfied with the above solutions, some other options available are:
- On your computer, install Switch to log in to multiple accounts on the same browser
- Download Shift and Add Discord as an app as many times as you wish for different accounts.
- On your mobile device, you can make use of Parallel Space to use multiple accounts of apps.
Can you have two Discord accounts using the same email ID?
No, Discord doesn’t have a provision to allow multiple accounts when using the same email ID. You’d have to use separate email IDs to create multiple Discord accounts.
Do the Disord terms of service ban multiple accounts?
The Discord Terms of Service have nothing against having multiple accounts. But, if you misuse any of the accounts and abuse Discord features, your account could get suspended.