How to Autohost on Twitch: A Complete Guide
With over 15 million daily active users, Twitch is one of the most popular live streaming platforms. It’s a great place for gamers, lifestyle casters and creators to stream content and engage their audience. Did you know that Twitch had an average of 2.84 million concurrent viewers in 2021? Yes, and the numbers only keep increasing.
Hosting is one of the best features of Twitch. In the host mode, you will be able to broadcast another creator’s content on your channel. What’s more? In the autohost mode, you can do this even while you are offline. Exciting, isn’t it?If you are wondering about how to auto host on twitch, all you need to do is create a list of pre-approved broadcasters that your viewers would be able to enjoy and voila! Twitch will automatically host whoever is currently live from that list.
Table of Contents
- How to add channels to your host list on Twitch?
- How to set hosting priority?
- How to remove channels from your host list on Twitch?
- how to auto host on twitch?
- Advantages of auto hosting
- How to find out who hosts your Twitch?
- What to do if autohost mode doesn’t work?
- What is the difference between raiding and hosting?
- How to stop hosting on Twitch?
How to Add Channels to Your Host List on Twitch?
As stated above, Twitch’s autohost model will stream fellow creators’ content on your channel for your viewers. The platform will choose a specific channel to stream either randomly or based on your priority.
Here’s how you can add channels to your autohost list:
- Sign into your account on Twitch.
- Find your avatar (profile icon) on the upper right corner and click on it.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu that appears.
- Under Settings, move to the ‘Channels and Videos’ tab. Then, click on ‘Channel settings’.
- Now, select the ‘Autohost list’ option present under Auto hosting in the ‘Featured Content’ tab.
- In the search bar, add the names of creators your community would like to watch. Click on ‘Add’ and all such channels you choose will be added to your host list.
How to Set Hosting Priority?
If you wish to set a priority order in which channels are hosted, make sure to check the ‘Display channel in the order they appear in the list’. That said, Twitch auto hosting can be overridden by manually hosting another channel you prefer. Auto hosting will not resume until streaming on the manually chosen channel ends.
How to Remove Channels From Your Host List on Twitch?
There’s no need to worry if you have added the wrong channel to your host list or changed your mind about a creator’s content. Simply open the hosting list and click on the trash can symbol beside the name of the channel you wish to remove.
how to auto host on twitch?
Here's a simple 3-step guide on how to auto host on twitch:
- After signing into your Twitch account, click on your avatar (profile icon) on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, select ‘Settings’ and then click on the ‘Channel and Videos’ tab.
- You can find ‘Featured Content’ under Channel Settings. Now, enable the ‘Auto host channels’ option.
Advantages of Auto Hosting
Before we move on to the advantages of auto hosting, here are two frequently asked questions (& their answers):
- Does hosting help your channel grow? Yes.
- Is auto hosting good? Yes.
- Hosting keeps your audience engaged and keeps your community together even when you are offline.
- It helps you connect with your community on a deeper level. You can promote content that you enjoy and share new angles of your personality.
- It enables you to support fellow creators and establish healthy relationships with them.
- It lets you have fun with friends and other community members by hosting desired content on your channel.
Did you know that your channel’s watch time could increase by at least 10% if you can get 10 of your peers to autohost your channel? Yes, and it works both ways.10%
How to Find Out Who Hosts Your Twitch?When somebody hosts your channel, you get a notification in chat and on your dashboard. It gives the details of who’s hosting your channel and how many viewers they have connected you to.
Here’s how to find the list of creators who autohost your channel:
- Login to your Twitch account and click on your avatar (profile icon) on the top right corner.
- Now, click on ‘Creator Dashboard’ from the menu that appears.
- Next, click on ‘Raid and Host’ and you can see the number of people auto hosting your channel.
What to Do if Autohost Mode Doesn’t Work?
This issue can be resolved in a few simple steps:
- Browser cache:
In case you can only see a black offline page or the previous offline screen, try to clear the cache in your browser. Alternatively, you can try opening your channel on another device or browser.
Open settings on Twitch and try to disconnect all the apps you might have integrated with your Twitch channel. Refresh the platform and reconnect them once Twitch starts to work again.
- Slow servers:
Sometimes, Twitch can take time to update your settings. The huge number of daily users may slow down the servers. Just be patient while the platform recuperates. If the issue persists, you can always get in touch with the support team at Twitch.
What is the difference between raiding and hosting?
Raiding is completely different from hosting on Twitch. When you raid a specific channel, all the viewers who are currently watching the content on your channel’s page are redirected to the channel page you have raided. Unlike raiding, hosting embeds the target channel’s video directly on to your channel’s page.
To clarity, hosting does not involve any redirecting. It continues to keep the existing viewers on your channel. That said, raiding is a great way to spread love and hype for your fellow streamers’ channels by sending all your viewers over to another channel.
How to stop auto hosting on Twitch?
While auto hosting seems like a great idea, there might be cases where you need to stop hosting. This could be because of several reasons - their content streaming might not be upto your expectations, or may simply be because you want to start hosting another channel’s content.
To stop auto hosting, follow these steps:
- If content from the channel is being streamed, just type ‘/unhost’ in the chat window of your channel.
- If you have set up their channel for auto hosting, and you want to stop the streaming on your channel, all you have to do is remove the respective channel from your auto host list. You can change who you are hosting up to three times every 30 minutes.
- You can also stop auto-hosting channels by returning to your Twitch channel settings and removing the Twitch account in question.
⇾ What Does the Yellow Heart Mean on Snapchat?
⇾ How to See Sent Friend Requests on Facebook?
⇾ What Does the Yellow Heart Mean on Snapchat?
⇾ How to Restart Discord on Desktop & Mobile? [Step-By-Step Guide]
⇾ How to Cross Out Text in Discord?
⇾ How to Search for a Word in Google Docs (Find and Replace)