How to Delete a Comment on Instagram - 2022 Updated Guide!
New to Instagram? Well, here's a guide to understand how to delete a comment on Instagram. Also, learn how to hide and edit comments easily!
With over one billion monthly active users, Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world.
One of the top reasons behind its undefeated success lies in the app’s user-friendly interface and user-centered features. So, if you have made a boo-boo on Instagram, it is pretty easy to erase it off the records.
If you are new to Instagram and are looking for a crisp answer to the question ‘How to delete a comment on Instagram’, you are at the right place. Keep reading to find out how!
Table Of Contents
- Everything About Deleting Instagram Comments
- How To Delete A Comment On Instagram? [Android & iOS]
- How To Delete A Comment On Instagram? [PC]
- How To Delete Instagram Comments In Bulk?
- Is It Possible To Disable Comments On Instagram?
- Fix Comments Not Showing Up On Instagram
To delete an Instagram comment:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Navigate to the post with the comment.
- Long-press/Swipe left the comment.
- Hit on 'Delete'.
Here is everything you need to know about deleting Instagram comments:
- Download Instagram from Google Play (for Android users) or App Store (for iOS users).
- Open the app, enter your credentials, and sign in to your account on Instagram.
- Find the comment you want to delete. It could be your comment on somebody else’s post or someone’s comment on your post.
- If you are an iOS user, you can delete a comment on Instagram by swiping left on it. Doing so reveals a trash can symbol. Hit the button and you are good to go!
- Android users can tap on the comment and long press on it. Now, choose the trash can icon from the pop-up bar, that appears on the top of the screen.
NOTE: You will only be able to delete a comment that is on your post and the one you made on others' posts.
Do you prefer to use Instagram on the web browser? No worries. Follow the instructions below to delete a comment via your PC:
- Open Instagram on the web.
- Sign in to your account on the social media network by filling in your credentials.
- Find the comment you want to delete. Press on the bubble icon below the post, it shows you the list of comments on that particular post in a pop-up window.
- Hover your mouse over the comment you wish to delete for a few seconds. Click on the three dots available on the right side of the comment in focus.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ option that appears in the pop-up window.
NOTE: You will only be able to delete your comment and someone else's comment in your post.
When you messed up too much in the comments section, you are covered with Instagram's bulk delete feature.
Here is how you can delete Instagram comments in bulk at once:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Navigate to the post where you want to delete multiple comments.
- Click on the three-dot icon and tap 'Manage Comments'.
- Now, you can mark all those comments you wish to delete.
- Tap on 'Delete Comments' to delete the selected ones.
NOTE: You will be able to delete Instagram comments with a maximum limit of 25. To delete more than 25, repeating the above process can be employed.
Instagram has a feature that allows its users to disable comments on their posts. If you want to avoid comments on controversial posts, or just do not want people to talk about them, this feature will be of help.
This is how you can disable comments on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Tap on the 'Profile' icon at the bottom right corner.
- Navigate and tap on the post in which you want to turn off comments.
- Tap on the 'three-dots' icon in the top right corner.
- Now, select 'Turn Off Commenting' to disable comments on that post.
NOTE: If there existed comments on the post before you disabled it, they will be hidden until you turn on the comments again.
There are times when you might face an error where your comments don't show up. This might be due to the following reasons:
Bad Internet Connection
Instagram will only work over the Internet. So, check your Wi-Fi router or mobile data and make sure everything runs smoothly.
You can do a simple google search to know if the problem lies in your connection of Instagram to the internet.
Outdated Version Of Instagram
Technical glitches and bugs are often a common problem with older versions of Instagram.
To check if your Instagram is up-to-date, Android users can go to 'Play Store' ➝ Search for 'Instagram' ➝ Click on Update. And, iOS users can do the same by going to 'App Store'.
NOTE: If it does not show an option to update in the 'App Store' or 'Play Store', it means that your application is up-to-date.
Violation Of Instagram Policies
Instagram blocks users who misuse the comments section by going against the policies. Some of the reasons why you might be blocked are:
Now, you are equipped with the knowledge of all the ways possible to delete a comment on Instagram. Make use of it whenever you feel that comment of yours shouldn't exist! Or when you feel like a particular comment on your post is not appropriate.
1. Is it possible to edit comments on Instagram?
Ans. No, Instagram does not support the feature of editing comments. You can alternatively delete the comment and re-write it.
2. Will there be a notification sent to the person whose comment I delete?
Ans. No, Instagram does not send a notification to the person whose comment you deleted. Hence, you do not have to worry about the other person's knowledge of deletion. But, when the other person checks your post again, he will not be able to see the deleted comment.
3. Is it possible to undo the delete on Instagram?
Ans. No, you will not be able to undo the deleted comment. You can re-write the same comment and post it back.
4. Can I delete comments from an Instagram live?
Ans. No, you cannot delete comments on Instagram passed during the live session. So, be prepared to expose yourself to your audience's comments when you go live that cannot be deleted.
5. What happens after I report an Instagram comment?
Ans. After you report an Instagram comment, it is sent over to Instagram's comments analysis team to identify how it overrules the policies & guidelines. Also, at the same time, the comment disappears from the post.