How to link Twitch to Discord on your computer or mobile device?
Admit it, you are a big fan of both Discord and Twitch. And why not, they’ve made the gaming experience so much better for users worldwide. Whether you want to stream your game to viewers, or wish to simply have meme battles with your friends, Twitch and Discord are at your service.
If you’ve been using Discord for a while, then you are also probably well aware that it is highly integrable. Discord allows you to integrate with a number of third-party tools to enhance your overall experience. In this particular case, we are going to see how to link Twitch to Discord.
Below, we have explained how to connect Discord to Twitch on your PC, Mac, Android or iOS device. So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to link Twitch to Discord?
- You can connect Discord to Twitch by
- Log in to both Discord and Twitch. You can do this using the apps or the same browser.
- In Discord, click on the gear icon next to your username to access ‘User Settings’ → Go to ‘Connections’ → Click on the Twitch logo shown and authorize the app.
- If you didn’t sign in to Twitch earlier, you will need to do so now. This integrates your Twitch and Discord accounts.
- If you want to stream, first do the above and then go to a server you own/ moderate on Discord.
- Right click on the server name, go to ‘Server Settings’ → ‘Integrations’ → ‘Twitch’
- You should be able to see a new permission role created for Twitch subs.
- If you want to unlink Twitch from Discord, go to ‘User Settings’ → ‘Connections’ and click on the ‘X’ in Twitch integration box and click ‘Disconnect’
If the above was a bit too much, too soon, then read on. We’ve given a step by step account of the steps below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to link Twitch to Discord on a PC or Mac?
If you use Discord and Twitch on a desktop device, you can connect Twitch to Discord using the following steps:
- Open the Discord and Twitch apps. Make sure you are logged in to your accounts on both. You can also open both accounts in a browser instead of using the apps.
- Now, go to Discord and click on the gear icon next to your username. This takes you to ‘User Settings’. Here, go to ‘Connections’. You should see a box with the logos of all the possible accounts you can connect to Discord. Twitch would be first on the list.
- Click on the Twitch logo. Discord automatically detects your Twitch account if the auto detect option is enabled. The app will now take you to a browser window or the Twitch app. Here you may need to login to your Twitch account if not already logged in.
- Once done, authorize the app and your Twitch account will be connected to your Discord account.
- On Discord, you’ll be able to see all the Twitch streamers you’ve subscribed to in the ‘Connections’ tab. You can now press the ‘Join Server’ button and you’ll get the special sub role in their server.
Note: You can follow the same steps for Twitch Studio integration, too.
If you are a streamer and want to link Twitch to Discord,
- Connect your Twitch and Discord accounts by going to Discord → ‘User Settings’ → ‘Connections’ → Twitch and complete the authorization.
- Go to the server you want to link to Twitch. Right-click on the server name and go to ‘Server Settings’ → ‘Twitch’ and integrate with Twitch. You can do this for multiple accounts. You’d need to be the owner/ have admin rights on the Discord server you connect, though.
- Now you can go to ‘Server Settings’ → ‘Roles’ on Discord and you should see that a new permission role has been added for Twitch subs. You can rename as well as modify permissions for this role. But you can’t remove or add members to it on Discord as it’s auto managed by the Twitch integration. Check out more on Discord roles here.
How to link Twitch to Discord on an Android or iOS device?
The steps for linking Twitch, in this case, are very similar to the above.
- Open Discord, swipe right on your device or click on the three lines at the top to access the Discord menu. Now press on the icon shown at the bottom right.
- Go to ‘Connections’ → ‘Add’ and select ‘Twitch’.
- Login to your Twitch account and complete the authorization.
How to disconnect Discord from Twitch?
If you no longer want to integrate your Twitch and Discord accounts, you can do so by clicking on the gear icon next to your username in Discord, to go to ‘User Settings’. Now, go to ‘Connections’ and click on the ‘X’ mark shown at the top of the Twitch integration box. Next, click on the ‘Disconnect’ button to confirm.
How to connect Discord to OBS?
If you want to further enhance your Twitch stream, you can connect Discord to OBS. The Discord Stream kit has an overlay that you can install in OBS. This will display your Discord chat as well as your Twitch chat, on your stream.
⇾ How to Send Videos on Discord
⇾ How to find someone on Discord if you don’t know their tag?