[Answered] What does other Snapchatters mean?
If you don't know the answer to what does other Snapchatters mean, worry not! We have got you covered. Here's what it means!
Yes, Snapchat's UI is sleek, crisp, and attractive. But it has a lot of elements most people don't know about. Isn't it? Most of the time, while scrolling through the app, people wonder, "What does that Snapchat emoji mean?"
Or "What is Snapstreak?" Or, "what does other Snapchatters mean? " You may have come across the term "Other Snapchatters" while checking who viewed your story.
For instance, you upload a cute picture of yourself in the story. You get tons of views which give you a rush but for one. You see “Other Snapchatters” while scrolling through your story viewers. You wonder what it means!
Come on now, let's discuss at once what other Snapchatters mean and what you can do to prevent it!
Table of Contents
- What Does “Other Snapchatters” Mean on Snapchat?
- How to Prevent “Other Snapchatters”?
- Difference Between “Other Snapchatters and +1 More
- Why does it say “Other Snapchatters” but you’re still friends?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Does “Other Snapchatters” Mean on Snapchat?
When you post a story on Snapchat, you expect only your friends to see it. But, in the list of people who have viewed your Snapchat story, at times, there might appear users under the "Other Snapchatters" section. So, who exactly are these users?
Does this mean that these users are old friends, have now unfollowed or blocked you?
Let’s take a closer look at who gets the “Other Snapchatters” title.
Well, here I have listed all the different reasons why someone might appear as "Other Snapchatter" under your story views.
1. You Have Been Removed as a Friend😥
When your friends on Snapchat views your story, it shows their username under normal story viewers.
But if someone's name appears as “Other Snapchatters,” then you are no longer friends on Snapchat.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your friend perhaps unfollowed you and is now an “other.”
To find out if you have been removed as a friend on Snapchat you can-
- Open Snapchat and navigate to chat at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for your friend’s name on the list displayed.
If the Snap status reads “Status is Pending” and there is a grey arrow next to their name, then they have probably unfriended you.
Or try to check their Snapchat score. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Snapchat and search for the person you think has removed you as a friend.
- Next, click on their name and tap to open their profile.
- Check to see if you can view their Snapchat score. If you can’t, they are no longer following you on Snapchat.
Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t make it easy to tell when someone unfriends you. That is, Snapchat doesn't notify you when someone unfriends you. Nevertheless, you can definitely send the user a message unless your account was blocked by them.
By following the above-mentioned methods you can easily figure out who has unfollowed you.
This might be just one of the reasons. Let's see other reasons for the "Other Snapchatters" tag.
2. You Have Been Blocked on Snapchat😱
After viewing your story, the person appearing as “Other Snapchatters” might have blocked you. It really has you questioning your post, doesn’t it?
But let's not make hasty conclusions and get to the bottom of things.
- Open Snapchat and press the magnifying glass icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Type in the username of the person you’re looking for.
If their name doesn’t come up, they could have blocked you on Snapchat.
You can also check recent conversations to view your friendship status with the other user. This is how to do so:
- Tap on the chat icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the chat history and look for your conversations.
If they don’t appear in your chat history, they’ve probably blocked you. Try to send them a message. If it doesn't get transmitted, it confirms that you have been blocked.
If you send a message and the status says, “pending” you may have been unfriended.
3. You Haven’t Added Them on Snapchat 😅
If you have a public account and “Other Snapchatters” signify people who aren't on your friend list. You are either their friend or haven't responded to their friend request.
Here's how to find out who these “Other Snapchatters"-
- Open Snapchat and click on the Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select “My story” from the dropdown menu and scroll through the list of viewers.
- Look through the names under “Other Snapchatters” to see who you aren’t friends with.
- Tap on their names to view their profiles.
If you mistakenly forgot to add them, you can do so now before things get out of hand!
This is all that answers the question- What does other Snapchatters mean?
How to Prevent “Other Snapchatters”
Now that we've discussed what the term "Other Snapchatters" mean, let's see how you can prevent it.
People who are not your friends on Snapchat can view your stories if your account is public. To restrict Other Snapchatters, just change your privacy settings.
- Tap the Profile icon in the top left corner.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the “Who can” section and tap on “View My Story.”
- Hit “Friends Only” to keep random people at bay.
Difference Between “Other Snapchatters" and "+1 More"
Story viewers can be categorized as -
a. mutual friends on the platform
b. “Other Snapchatters”
c. “+1 more."
“Other Snapchatters” usernames are displayed in the list of people who viewed your profile. However, those in the “+ 1 more” category can't be identified.
The users that appear in the “+ 1 more” category have no connection with you on Snapchat. That is, you have no mutual friends. You are on their friend list but they are not on yours.
Therefore, the term “+ 1 more” usually shows up if your profile is public.
Why does it say “Other Snapchatters” but you’re still friends?
“Other Snapchatters” appearing as friends might have blocked you on Snapchat.
Otherwise, they might have just removed you as a friend but you’re unaware of it. Here's how you can confirm if you have been blocked-
- Firstly, the person will appear as “Other Snapchatters” in your story viewers. When you post a story further, it won't be visible.
- Secondly, a grey arrow under a user in your chat list means they have probably removed you.
- Lastly, a grey arrow and a “Pending” status can also mean that the person has blocked you on Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does other Snapchatters mean blocked?
2. Why does it say other Snapchatters but I’m still friends?
In such a case, probably you haven’t added them back. To add them simply click on their name and add.
3. How To Delete “Other Snapchatters”?
If you simply don’t want any names in your “Other Snapchatters” section, you can block them. Their name won’t show up anymore.
4. Why Can’t I Click on the “Other Snapchatters” Profile?
“Other Snapchatters” have probably blocked you after viewing your story. This explains why you cannot open their profile.