What does Received Mean on Snapchat - Sent, Received and Delivered in Snapchat.
What does received mean on Snapchat? Learn all about what the sent, received & delivered icons mean on Snapchat!
Snapchat is the new email for Gen-Zs. While millennials check their mails first thing in the morning, Gen-Zs check their snaps. Unlike its older competitors like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Reddit, Snapchat appeals the most to its users because of the fleeting sense it incorporates. The short-lived, limited view nature of snaps has captured the attention of many who use Snapchat day in day out.
Not only this but Snapchat also gives added importance to its users' privacy and drops details of the movements of a snap from your cellphone to the server to your friend's cell phone! It uses a bunch of icons to depict these events. While we attempt to answer- what does received mean on Snapchat, you'll be able to fully understand the meaning of all icons on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
- What does Sent, Received and Delivered mean in Snapchat?
- The opened icons on Snapchat
- The viewed icons on Snapchat
- The screenshot icons on Snapchat
- The replayed icons on Snapchat
What does sent, received and delivered mean in Snapchat?
To appeal to its Gen-Z users, Snapchat uses minimalistic icons as notifications. While these icons offer a sleek appearance to the interface, many are left wondering what these icons mean and how they differ from one another. To help you understand better, we’ll break these icons down for you!
1. The Sent Icons on Snapchat
Snapchat allows its users to send snaps, videos, gifs add audio and whatnot! It uses solid arrows to tell its users that the snap has been sent to their friends.
Snapchat uses three types of solid arrows to represent its sent notification.
- Solid Red Arrow- When you send a snap without audio, the app uses the red icon to represent it.
- Solid Purple Arrow- The purple arrow denotes that you have sent a snap with audio.
- Solid Blue Arrow- A blue solid arrow is an indication that you’ve text message in the chat .
2. The Delivered Snapchat icons
Here’s what delivered means - your snap has been opened by the friend you sent it to. This is when the solid arrow changes to a hollow one to denote the transition.
- Hollow Red Arrow- The icon indicates the sent snap without audio was opened.
- Hollow Purple Arrow- Once the snap with audio has been opened, the solid purple arrow changes to a hollow one and you can tell that your friend has viewed it.
- Hollow Blue Arrow-The icon means the sent chat has been opened
- Hollow Green Arrow- If you send cash gifts on Snapchat, the hollow green arrow indicates that it has been opened.
3. What does received mean on Snapchat?
Now that we know what delivered means on Snapchat, let’s understand- what does received mean on Snapchat. So, what does received mean on Snapchat?
Whenever you get a snap from your friends on Snapchat, a solid square appears. This icon, therefore, denotes that a photo or video has been received on Snapchat by you.
The following symbols indicate what you’ve received media on Snapchat:
- Red square: The red square icon indicates that you have received a snap or a set of snaps without audio.
- Purple Square: This symbol denotes that you have received a snap or snaps with audio.
- Blue Square: This icon indicates that you have received a text message in the chat.
The opened icons on Snapchat
Snapchat gives you an update of every minute and makes sure you have all information you need on the snap you send. It lets you know when you send a snap and once it is delivered, opened and received on Snapchat. Now that we have answered the question- what does received mean on Snapchat, let's talk about the Open icons.
- Once you open a snap the initially solid square changes to a hollowed one. These icons appear as per the type of snap:
- For a snap without audio, a hollow red square appears.
- For a snap or snaps with audio, a hollow purple square is displayed.
- A hollow blue square indicates that you have opened a chat.
- A hollow grey square signifies that a snap you were sent expired.
The viewed icons on Snapchat
With receiving snaps comes the uncontrollable urge to view them. You now know what delivered means on Snapchat. Let's talk about what happens once you've viewed a snap. After a snap is opened, the solid square turns into a hollow one indicating you have viewed the snap.
- Hollow Red Square- This indicates you have opened a snap or snaps without audio.
- Hollow Purple Square- This icon means you have opened a snap or snaps with audio.
- Hollow Blue Square- The hollow blue icon means you have opened a chat.
- Hollow Grey Square- It means a Snap you were sent expired.
The screenshot icons on Snapchat
Snapchat ensures that you know everything about the journey your Snaps take. To do this they also make sure that each time someone takes a screenshot of your snap, you get a notification about it. If you ever come across slashed hollow arrows on Snapchat, know that your snap has been screenshotted by the viewer.
- A hollow red arrow with tiny cross marks appears when someone takes a screenshot of a snap without any audio.
- A hollow purple arrow with little cross marks indicates that the receiver took a screenshot of a snap that had audio.
- A hollow blue arrow with little cross marks implies that the receiver took a screenshot of your messages in the chat.
The replayed icons on Snapchat
Many a time, people replay the Snaps they receive and Snapchat ensures that it lets you know about it. When someone views a snap again the hollow delivered Snapchat icon changes to a circular arrow.
- When a snap without audio is replayed, a red replay icon appears.
- When a snap with audio is replayed, a purple replay icon appears.
FAQs- What does received mean on Snapchat
You already know the related icons now that you have gone through the article.
We have answered what delivered means. The question- What does received mean on Snapchat has also been dealt with.
What does a grey icon mean on Snapchat?The grey box indicates that you’ve never snapped with another person. It can also mean that a user has blocked you or that they haven’t accepted your friend request.
What if someone hasn’t opened my snap yet?The indication that a snap has been sent, delivered and received on Snapchat is given in a matter of seconds. But if your snap has been opened is a separate issue. This wholly depends on the recipient of your snap, if they have seen the new Snap, or even have the app open.
What is the longest Snapchat streak ever?The Streak was introduced on April 6th, 2015 and the longest Snapchat streak is 2309+, as of September 2021 and it belongs to Kyle Zajac and Blake Harris and is still being recorded.
Do my unread snaps expire?Yes, the snaps and messages expire based on who you send them to. In the case of individual recipients, the snaps last for 30 days. But when sent to a group, these will disappear after 24 hours.
How do Snapscores work?A person's Snapscore is a measure of how active they are. Snapscores are given based on-
- How many friends you have
- How many Discover videos you've watched
- How many snaps you've sent and received
- How many stories you've viewed and posted
Who can see my Snapchat score?Only those who are added to your friend list can see your Snapscore. If you block someone, they can't view it.
Does someone know if you check their Snapchat score?No, Snapchat doesn't notify the person if you view their Snapchat profile to look at their Snapchat score, username, or any photos and messages saved in your chat with them.
How does Snapchat know you’re sleeping?Based on the duration of your inactivity and the time of day, Snapchat can assess when you’ve been sleeping. When you’re asleep, your Actionmoji will appear in a very sleepy state on an armchair.