What font does Discord use? (New 2022)
Written by: Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Founder at Flexiple, buildd & Remote Tools.
Last updated: Jan 19, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What font does Discord use?
- What font is the Discord logo?
- How to change the font on Discord?
- How to change the font size on Discord?
- How to change the space between the messages?
Discord is a messaging app built for gamers. With Discord, you can easily set up voice channels or text channels with your friends, clan members, or other gamers.
As a messaging app, you can also send messages, images, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3) to your friends on Discord.
Currently, Discord has more than 140 million monthly active users who use the app for many purposes including talking about games, sharing content, or just having a casual chat session with friends. It's also a great way to meet new people who have similar interests as you do!
There is no doubt that Discord is a highly popular messaging app. This is mostly due to its clean interface and user-friendly UI. Most importantly, Discord uses a modern and minimal font to ensure that the messages are easy to read. So, read on to find out what font does Discord use.
What font does Discord use?
Discord uses a font called Uni Sans Heavy.
The Uni Sans font belongs to the Sans Serif font family. There are 14 weights in the Uni Sans font family - 7 uprights and 7 italics.
The reason it is referred to as the Sans Serif font is that it doesn’t have any of the extra decorations called serifs that a lot of other fonts have. A serif is a small line that is added to the end of the letters.
Sans Serif fonts are best for headlines that are big enough to read from across the room because of their bold and simple lettering.
What font is the Discord logo?
The font used in Discord’s logo is also Uni Sans. The Uni Sans font communicates a sense of clean and modern design. They are commonly used in the display of digital devices such as smartphones and tablets, as they are more readable on smaller screens.
How to change the font on Discord?
Unfortunately, Discord does not allow you to change the default Uni Sans font. However, Discord allows you to scale or change the size of the text. In the next section, you will learn how you can do this.
How to change the font size on Discord?
Some people may find the font size on Discord too small or too large. For example, people who are working with large amounts of text may want to increase the font size so that it’s easier to read.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to change the font size on Discord:
- Go to the Discord app and then go to User Settings.
- Next, on the left menu, click on the “Appearance” settings which can be found under the “App Settings”.
- Then, go to the “Chat Font Scaling”. This allows you to increase or decrease the font size on Discord. By default, this is set to 16 px, but you can change it to fit your needs.
How to change the space between the messages?
Discord also allows you to choose the space between the messages on your Discord. This can be done using the “Space Between Message Groups” feature.
For this, here are the steps that you can follow:
- First, open the Discord app and then go to “User Settings”.
- Then, go to Appearance which can be found under the “App Settings” category.
- Now, go to the “Space Between Message Groups” slider. This allows you to increase or decrease the space between the different groups. By default, this is set to 16px as well, but you can change this to suit your needs.
Fonts are the most essential part of a design. If you are planning to choose a new font, there are many factors you should consider, such as the message you want to convey, the target audience, and the industry in which the font will be used.
For example, a bold and high contrasting font tends to create an urgency for action. A light and larger font tend to calm the reader.
As we’re sure you have noticed, many websites use the Sans Serif font family. You can find this font almost everywhere from websites, billboards and mobile apps. The reason for this is that these fonts are easy to read and versatile. Therefore, even Discord has implemented Uni Sans font throughout its website and application.