How to Get Snapchat on Apple Watch? [Step-by-Step Guide]
Yes, you can now enjoy using Snapchat on your watch. Check out our brief guide on how to get Snapchat on Apple watch.
Apple wearables are highly known for their versatile features and capabilities. Recently launched watches are especially popular as they let users access social media apps on them.
You can see the snaps your friends sent, view their stories and also find out what your friends are upto on the Snap Map - everything on the Apple watch. Interested in knowing how? Check our quick guide on how to get Snapchat on Apple watch below:
Table of Contents
- Everything you need to know about Snapchat
- How to get Snapchat on Apple watch?
- How to click pictures on Snapchat with your Apple watch?
- What Can You Do With Snapchat on Apple Watch?
- Can you reply to Snapchat on Apple Watch?
Everything You Need to Know About Snapchat
Snapchat is simple - it lets users share everyday moments in a snap! In addition to that, users can also have endless fun with numerous filters and look cool. Unlike other social media platforms, Snapchat does not record everything you do. The messages and snaps are meant to disappear unless the users insist on saving them.
Besides offering chat privacy, the app also contains game challenges that users can participate in with their friends, news and entertainment options, quizzes and truly innovative photo + video editing tools. Snap Map, a fun way to interact and find out what fellow Snapchatters are upto, is another interesting feature.
How to Get Snapchat on Apple Watch?
While it is certainly possible to get Snapchat on Apple watch, it is worth noting that you cannot access the app directly. If you have been wondering if Snapchat is available on Apple watch, the answer is no.The makers of the app, i.e., Snap Inc., have not released an app version that is compatible with the OS of the watch. Thus, you cannot directly have the app on your Apple watch.
The reason behind this is fairly obvious. Snapchat requires camera access for clicking pictures and shooting videos. Irrespective of how sophisticated the Apple watch is, it is not likely for a watch to be released with an in-built camera. Hang on till the end where we tell you a fun way to click pictures on Snapchat with your watch.
That said, here’s how to get Snapchat on Apple watch:
- Step 1: Firstly, ensure that your Apple watch (series 4 and above) is connected to a stable Internet.
- Step 2: Long press on the digital crown on your watch and hold. This launches Siri.
- Step 3: Now, utter the words ‘Google Search’ while Siri listens.
- Step 4: You will now hear Siri respond by saying ‘What do you want to search for?’. (Note: Siri on Watch OS 6 and Watch OS 7 can produce few search results from the Internet for general questions.)
- Step 5: Now, say ‘Google.com’.
- Step 6: As a response, Siri will present a bunch of search results. Scroll through them and click on ‘Open page’.
- Step 7: This will prompt Siri to open the Internet browser. It will then take you to the homepage on Google.
- Step 8: You should now search for ‘Snapchat online’. You can either choose to use the voice search or manually type on the watch keyboard for this.
- Step 9: In the search results presented to you, click on ‘Snapchat.com’. Enter your login details to sign into your account. Typing on the Apple Watch isn’t the most convenient thing to do - we understand! If you don’t want to login to your account, you can simply open ‘story.Snapchat.com’ and have fun viewing the stories.
This lets you check out the stories added by popular snap stars. In addition, you can use the snap map when in this mode. What’s more? You can search for people you know using the Search icon and view their stories as well.
Please note that the aforementioned steps work well with Apple watches starting from series 4. Previously launched watches might not be able to support your attempts in accessing social media applications.
How to Click Pictures on Snapchat With Your Apple Watch?
Yes, you can click pictures on Snapchat by using your Apple watch as a remote control. To do this, follow these simple steps below:
- Step 1: Launch Snapchat on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Set it to camera mode and angle your mobile camera as you like.
- Step 3: Make sure that your Apple watch face is set to the default face screen.
- Step 4: Now, rotate the digital crown on the watch to capture pictures on your phone.
What Can You Do With Snapchat on Apple Watch?
Now that we have answered the question of how to get Snapchat on Apple watch, let us proceed to find out what you can do with it:
Snapchat allows you to check stories from your friends and people you follow on Apple watch. However, please note that you might not be able to see the stories of every celebrity you follow.
In addition to stories, you will also be able to navigate through maps on Snapchat. However, it is worth noting that this functionality only works if you use your iPhone and Apple watch. What’s more? You can zoom in and zoom out to check out information regarding where your friends are located.
Lastly, you can search for profiles by typing in the search bar. Please note that celebrities’ Snapchat profiles are relatively easy to find.
Can you reply to Snapchat on Apple Watch?
You cannot reply to incoming Snapchat messages or snaps via the Apple watch. You will only be able to see a notification - but not view or reply to it. This is because Snapchat has not yet launched a version of the app that is compatible with Apple watches.