How to Uninstall Discord on Windows and Mac?
Written by: Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Founder at Flexiple, buildd & Remote Tools.
Last updated: Feb 09, 2023
How to Uninstall Discord on Windows 10
- Click on the Start button -> Settings -> System
- Go to “Apps and Features”
- Locate the Discord app, click on delete and confirm the action.
Discord is a text and voice chat application that is extremely popular among gamers. The application comes with a vast number of customizations and is ideal for hosting different niche communities. Given its versatility, you can do so much more with Discord than just send a simple text message.
With so many different features available, it's given that Discord will have its own set of errors. In such cases, uninstalling the application can be one of the solutions.
Additionally, if you are looking for ways to completely reinstall discord or to just entirely remove it from your computer or mobile device, this article is for you.
We have covered all the ways you can completely remove Discord from your Windows pc, Mac, Android, iPhone, and Xbox. You can also use third-party apps to help you uninstall discord entirely. Keep reading to know-how.
Some users have faced difficulty while uninstalling Discord. If that's the case for you, you can start by Disabling the auto-run feature on Discord before you go ahead and uninstall the app. Refer to this article to know-how.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Where is Discord Installed?
- How to Uninstall Discord Manually on Windows
- How to Uninstall Discord
- Delete Discord from the Installation folder
- Remove Discord from the Registry
- Uninstall Discord using Third-Party apps
- How to Uninstall Discord on Mac
- How to Uninstall Discord on Android
- How to Uninstall Discord on iPhones
- How to Uninstall Discord on Xbox
- What happens when you uninstall Discord?
Where is Discord Installed?
Before we dive into all the different ways we can uninstall Discord, let's first understand where the application is installed. This information is essential to help you uninstall Discord fully from your computer.
You can reach the exact location of discord by clicking on the “Start” button and typing in “%localappdata%\Discord” in the search bar. This will lead you to the location where the application is installed.
How to Uninstall Discord Manually on Windows
Uninstalling Discord on Windows involves a couple of steps and is not as straightforward. You can accomplish this by doing it manually or by using a third-party app.
The process to uninstall Discord manually has three major steps. First, you’ll need to uninstall Discord which will basically remove the application from the list of the installed files. After this step, you won't be able to access the application or any of its features.
Even after uninstalling Discord, there are a few files that still remain on your computer. It’s ideal to get rid of these remnant files by cleaning the program’s original location.
To accomplish this, we remove Discord from the Installation folder and the Registry. Follow these steps to know-how.
How to Uninstall Discord
- Step 1: Open your start menu to locate the Control Panel option
- Step 2: In the Control Panel, go to Programs
- Step 3: Navigate to Programs and Features
- Step 4: In the installed programs list, locate Discord
- Step 5: Select the app and click on Uninstall and confirm the action
Delete Discord from the Installation folder
- Step 1: Press on “Windows + R” key to access the Run box
- Step 2: In the Run box, enter “%appdata%” to open the roaming folder
- Step 3: Locate Discord in the folder and select it
- Step 4: Click on the Delete button to delete the entire folder.
- Step 6: Next, open the Run box again and enter “%localappdata%”
- Step 7: Locate Discord in the local folder and select it
- Step 8: Click on the Delete button to delete the entire Discord folder
Remove Discord from the Registry
The last step is to clear all the Discord files from the Registry. Here’s how you do it.
- Step 1: Press “Windows + R” keys to open the Run box
- Step 2: Enter “Regedit” to open the Registry
- Step 3: Click on Ctrl + F and type in “Discord” in the search box.
- Step 4: Once you find the Discord folder, Right-click on the folder and click on delete.
- Step 5: Repeat these steps to search for more Discord folders and delete all of them
After following these steps you will be able to uninstall Discord from your Windows computer completely. But instead of deleting all these files manually, there is an easier way to accomplish the task. Keep reading to know-how.
Uninstall Discord using Third-Party apps
If removing Discord manually seems like a huge hassle to you, then this method is for you. You can use the uninstaller third-party applications, that will easily uninstall Discord for you from your Windows Device.
There are quite a few uninstaller programs available like the Revo Uninstaller, Absolute Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and the ZSoft Uninstaller. We have covered the steps to uninstall Discord using the Revo Uninstaller.
Uninstall Discord using the Revo Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller is a third-party app that you can directly download for free on their official website. Once the file is downloaded, you can install the program on your desktop.
After the program is installed you can use it to uninstall Discord completely. Here’s how it's done.
- Step 1: Open the Revo Uninstaller software
- Step 2: Select Discord and click on Uninstall button on the top menu bar
- Step 3: A confirmation box will appear. Select the “Make a System Restore Point before uninstall” checkbox and click on the “Continues” button.
- Step 4: The app will now create a Restore Point. Select on “Uninstall Discord” to begin the process
- Step 5: A menu box will appear, click on scan to find all the Discord files in your Registry.
- Step 6: Select all the files and click on Delete. Step 7: Revo will find all the Discord related files for you, click on Select All -> Delete
- Step 8: Finally, click on Finish to end the process
How to Uninstall Discord on Mac
Discord can be uninstalled on Mac using a few simple steps. Follow the instructions below to know-how.
- Step 1: Start by locating the Discord app on your bottom taskbar
- Step 2: Right-click on the Discord icon and select Quit
- Step 3: Go to the Finder folder and click on the Applications.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Discord app, right-click on the file and choose Move to trash. Now your app is uninstalled. The next step is to remove all the Discord related files from your computer
- Step 5: In the menu bar, go to Go -> Go to Folder.
- Step 6: Enter “~/Library” in the Go to Folder and click on “Go”
- Step 7: Locate all the Discord-related folders and Move them to Trash.
You can repeat the final steps until all the Discord folders are removed.
How to Uninstall Discord on Android
Like any other application, uninstalling Discord on your mobile device will involve similar steps. But there are still a couple of different ways you can accomplish this task. We have covered it all below.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings -> Apps
- Step 2: Find Discord in the List and select it
- Step 3: Click on Uninstall and confirm the action.
You can also directly uninstall Discord from the Google Play Store.
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store app and click on your Profile
- Step 2: Tap on the “Manage apps & Devices” option and go to “Manage”
- Step 3: In the Installed Tab locate the Discord app.
- Step 4: Select the app and click on the bin icon to uninstall it.
That’s it, now you’ll be able to uninstall Discord from your Android phone.
How to Uninstall Discord on iPhones
Similar to the Android phone, uninstalling Discord on iPhone is also quite simple and only involves 3 steps.
- Step 1: Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage.
- Step 2: Scroll down to locate the Discord app and select it
- Step 3: Finally, tap on the “Delete App” button.
- Step 4: Select “Delete App” again to confirm your actions.
How to Uninstall Discord on Xbox
Follow these instructions to know how to uninstall Discord on your Xbox.
- Step 1: On your Xbox, press the Home button on your controller
- Step 2: In the menu, go to “My Games and Apps” -> Apps
- Step 3: Locate Discord and press the Menu button
- Step 4: Choose Uninstall and press the “A” button
- Step 5: Finally, select “Uninstall All”, to delete the app entirely from the system.
What happens when you uninstall Discord?
If you choose to uninstall Discord on any of your devices following the steps above, the application will be completely deleted from the said device.
Although the application is no longer present on your device, the uninstallation process does not delete your Discord account in any way. Hence, if you wish to reinstall Discord later, your account will remain intact and all you have to do is enter your credentials to access it.
⇾ How to fix Discord Echo on Voice Call and Stream?
⇾ How to find someone on Discord if you don’t know their tag?
⇾ How to Make a Poll on Discord
⇾ How to Cancel Twitch Subscription
⇾ Alternatives to Autodesk ArtCAM
⇾ Products like Detective Girl of the Steam City
⇾ Alternatives to MovieStarPlanet
⇾ How to do a Superscript in Google Docs on Windows and Mac?