How to Get a Streak Back on Snapchat - Snapchat Streak Loss Error
Wondering how to get back your streak on Snapchat?! Read this article to get rid of Snapchat streak loss and get your chat lit with streak!
If you have been using Snapchat for a while now, you surely know how streaks are one of the coolest entertainment features on Snapchat.
You can exchange regular snaps with friends, use hilarious lenses, filters and build your snap streaks everyday.
Sadly, these streaks tend to disappear if you don’t send a snap at least once in 24 hours. In case you have lost a streak, we have good news for you!
Did you know that you can revive it? Yes. Read on to know how to get a streak back on Snapchat.
Table Of Contents
- Everything You Need To Know About Snapchat Streaks
- How Does Snapchat Streak Work?
- How To Get A Streak Back In Snapchat? [Mobile]
- How To Get The Snapchat Streak Lost Back? [PC]
To revive your lost Snapchat Streak, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on 'Settings'.
- Scroll & Tap on 'I Need Help' under Support.
- Tap on 'Snapstreaks' under the search bar.
- Tap on 'Let us know'.
- Select 'I've lost my Snapstreak'.
- Enter the details & click 'Send'.
- For those of you who are new to Snapchat, streaks denote an everyday commitment to sharing fun snaps with fellow Snapchatters.
- You can share moments of your day, fun selfies or videos of your dog with just a click on the app. Simply put, streaks are a representation of frequent communication with a fellow user.
- An active Snap Streak expires in case you don’t send your friend a snap (photo/video) within 24 hours.
- Snapchat reminds you that your streak is expiring with an hourglass emoji placed right beside the name of the other user.
- That being said, there have been instances when users lost their streaks with their friends due to technical glitches or network issues.
You can start building a streak with a friend on Snapchat if you and your friends start sending snaps to each other at least once in 24 hours for over 2 consecutive days.
Once you build a streak, you will be able to see a fire emoji right next to their name in your chat list.
The number beside the fire emoji denotes the number of consecutive days you both have been in touch.
NOTE: Snapchat Streaks only work among individual users! It does not apply to group messages and stories.
Follow this step-by-step guide to make sure your Snap streak lost come back for sure:
- Enter your credentials and log into your profile on Snapchat.
- Please note that Snapchat’s camera opens first by default. You can navigate using the bottom menu.
- Look at the bottom of the screen and you will find a chat symbol on the screen. This symbol presents your chat list with fellow Snapchatters.
- Now, tap on your Bitmoji (or, your profile icon) on the top left corner of your screen.
- In the following screen, you can see your profile page. Find the ‘Settings’ button on the top right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Scroll below and you will find the ‘Support’ section. Click on it and then, select ‘I need help’.
- This opens a new page that contains Snapchat’s user support guide.
- From the list of categories given, choose ‘Snapstreaks’ to check out all the support guides available related to streaks.
- Look for the question ‘What if my Snapstreak lost but I know we’ve sent a Snap (not Chat) back and forth within the 24-hour window?’. Now, click on ‘Let us know’.
- Under the ‘Contact Us’ section on the next page, you need to select the ‘I lost my Snapstreak’ option on the Snapchat support page.
- As a next step, you will find a form urging you to provide details like your Snapchat username, email address, phone number, details of the smartphone you currently use, and your friend’s Snapchat username (with whom you lost a streak with) to name a few.
- Fill in the required information and hit ‘Send’ to submit your request to revive the streak.
Please note that you can use just one friend’s username when raising one such request. In case you lost streaks with multiple friends, you are required to submit multiple requests.
NOTE: If the hourglass showed up and yet you didn't send a snap, it is possible that Snapchat might reject your request to revive the lost snap streak.
It is possible to get the snap streak you lost by raising a complaint on Snapchat Support Page.
Here is the step-by-step guide you can follow to get your lost Snapchat streak:
- Go to 'Snapchat Support' official webpage.
- Under 'Contact Us', click the checkbox that says 'I lost my Snapstreak'.
- Now, in the form that shows up, enter the details as asked and hit 'SEND'.
NOTE: If the hourglass showed up the before the day and you neglected it, there is a high probability your request might be rejected!
1. Do both the parties need to send a snap every day to maintain the Snap Streak?
Ans. Yes, both parties have to send snaps every 24 hours to maintain the Snap streak. Else, your Snapstreak will be lost.
2. What does the hourglass emoji mean? ⏳
Ans. This is Snapchat's way of hinting to you that you are a few hours away from having your Snap streak lost. So, send a Snap to that user if you wish to maintain the Snapstreak!
3. If the Snapstreak loss occurs, how long will it take to get it back?
Ans. It typically takes 24 hours for Snapchat to review your request, determine the legitimacy and get back to you.
4. Will Snapchat remind me early to send a Snap?
Ans. Snapchat reminds you to send a Snap 5 hours prior to the day's end! You will be able to see the hourglass (⏳) emoji aside from the username where your Snapstreak is going to be lost.