How to Reverse on Snapchat? [A Step-By-Step Guide]
Snapchat is full of fun filters and effects but, did you know that you could reverse snaps? Learn how to reverse on Snapchat here.
Launched in July 2011, Snapchat quickly became everyone’s favorite social media platform. Currently, the app has over 306 million daily active users and the numbers don’t seem to fall. One of the main reasons why Snapchat enjoys such popularity is because users can have fun on the app. It does not limit to being merely a chatting platform.
The app contains interactive quizzes, filters and much more. You can click snaps of everyday moments and show your friends what you are up to in the coolest way possible. In addition, you can also add effects to video snaps - videos can be fast-forwarded or reversed.
Wondering how to reverse on Snapchat? No worries, we got your back! Read on to know how to reverse a video on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
- What are filters on Snapchat?
- How to reverse on Snapchat?
- How to Reverse a Video On Snapchat - Reverse Filter Unavailable
- How To Reverse A Video On Snapchat - Other Apps
What Are Filters on Snapchat?
Filters are nothing but artistic overlays. They appear when you click Snaps. They can be simply accessed by swiping left or right after you click a snap. You can add filters to countless snaps in a day - be it images or videos. You can use them to highlight your neighbourhood, share the holiday spirit, support your favourite team and much more!
Snapchat initially allowed users to add one filter per snap. However, recent updates have begun allowing users to add more than one filter to a snap. You can scroll through the range of filters Snapchat provides right after you click a snap.
Alternatively, you can find the desired filter by searching using a keyword and browsing through the popular filters in that category.
How to Reverse on Snapchat?
Reversing a video clip (or, snap) on Snapchat is pretty simple. It is as easy as applying a filter. Follow the steps below and you will be able to reverse on Snapchat in no time.
Please note that Snapchat is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Thus, the below-mentioned steps apply to both.
- Download Snapchat from Google Play (for Android users) or App Store (for iOS users).
- Use your credentials to sign in to your account on the app. If you are a new user, you can create an account right away. Just provide your mobile phone number and verify it by sharing the One Time Password (OTP).
- The app opens with Snapchat’s default camera.
- You can record a video snap by pressing and holding the recording button. Do not forget that the video must be under 10 seconds to apply the reverse filter. It is worth noting that the reverse effect can only be applied to videos recorded on Snapchat. You cannot add a video file from your phone to Snapchat and reverse it.
- Once you record the snap, start swiping left to access the range of filters available. Keep swiping until you see three arrows pointing to the left (<<<) appear over the recorded video. This is the filter that applies the reverse effect to your snap.
- Now, the video will automatically play in reverse. Please note that any music in the video will also play in reverse.
- Preview it and customize it as per your preference. You can add more effects like text, stickers, drawings, emojis etc to the snap.
- The video is now ready to be shared. Just click on ‘send to’ and choose who you want to share it with. In addition, you can also post it as a story and personalize who can view it. You can share it with everybody on Snapchat or only with your friends.
How to Reverse a Video On Snapchat - Reverse Filter Unavailable
You can use any video editing app for this function if the reverse filter is unavailable. We'll guide you on how to put a video in reverse using Inshot. If you know other similar video editing apps, you can use any one of them too.
You can download the Inshot application from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Make sure you have the video you want to reverse. If not, record a video using your phone’s Camera app.
Here's how to reverse a video on Snapchat using Inshot:
- After the app is installed, open it and tap Video under the CREATE NEW section.
- Select the video you want to reverse.
- Now, tap the video timeline at the bottom.
- After it is selected, swipe left the options panel just above the video timeline.
- Tap the REVERSE (I<<) icon.
- Wait till the video gets processed. Preview the reverse video by tapping the Play icon.
- Tap SAVE on the top-right side of the app.
How To Reverse A Video On Snapchat - Other Apps
You can use other third-party apps for reversal, you know.
1. Reverse Movie FX
After recording it, the next step will select the movie fragment, and then all you need to press start. Reverse Movie FX will then help your cause of reversing a video.
- Reverse Movie FX carries tremendous features for reversing a video
- It possesses a smooth editing interface and timeline.
- You can add a reverse effect to your video by just tapping an option.
- You will find stunning animations and creative transitions in this application
2. Reverse Vid
Just record the video, load the video into the app and choose the speed you want to reverse it. You will see the reverse option there.
Just tapping Reverse will serve your purpose. Reverse Vid will reverse your video quicker than you think. After that, you can upload your reversed video on Snapchat.
- Reverse Vid is one of the easiest and quickest applications to reverse videos.
- Many video effects will make your video's quality more attractive.
- After reversing a video, it possesses the ability which makes you watch a video at half speed.
3. Reverse Video Master
- It reverses a video by clicking a single button.
- It is free of cost.
- You can share your videos on YouTube from this application.
- You can choose a part of a video and then can cut it according to preference.
This is all you need to know about how to reverse a video on Snapchat.