Discord Account Disabled - Ways To Recover Your Discord
Written by: Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Founder at Flexiple, buildd & Remote Tools.
Last updated: Feb 15, 2023
Discord is extensively known as a communication platform for gamers all over the globe. However, due to its strict user data protection policies, other people who are not into gaming have also been joining the platform.
Discord emphasises customer security and may disable some accounts if they suspect them of illegal activity.
Getting your Discord account disabled could be annoying. With a disabled account, you will not even get any notifications from Discord.
In today's article, we will explain all the possible reasons for disabling your Discord account and how you could recover it. To get started, we shall look at all the possible reasons your Discord account has been disabled.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why was my Discord account disabled? What are the reasons behind that?
- What happens when your account gets disabled?
- How long does the Discord account remain disabled?
- How do you enable your Discord?
- How to disable your own Discord account?
- How to restore your self-disabled account?
- How can you use social media to contact Discord?
- How can you keep a Discord account safe?
Why was my Discord account disabled? What are the reasons behind that?
Discord cannot disable anyone's account without any particular reason. Therefore, if your account gets disabled, you must have done something wrong.
In a situation where your account has been disabled, it might be due to the following reasons:
- You may have been sending many unsolicited direct messages over a short period.
- You might have been a participant in one of the servers dedicated to spam Discord.
- You might have been self-botting, which means that you might have been using your account outside of Discord's API bots which is prohibited.
- You might be using bots that might disrupt how Discord runs its services.
- If you recently had been bullying people in Discord, it may also cause the disabling of your account.
- You may be sharing inappropriate or shady software with other Discord users.
is a platform that prioritises providing privacy benefits and security to its users, which is why they are so strict with its guidelines.
What happens when your Discord account gets disabled?
Having your Discord account disabled can deny you many good things on the platform.
- You will not be able to log into your account once it is disabled.
- Once Discord has disabled your account, your notifications will not pop up on your phone, and people will not be able to communicate with you.
- Other people can still send you a friend request, but you will not see them. They will only be available to you once you restore your Discord account.
How long does the Discord account remain disabled?
With Discord, your account takes 14 days before it could face permanent deletion. Sometimes, due to technical errors, your account may be on hold for up to 30 days before being deleted.
It would be best to take quick actions before Discord permanently disables your account. You may notice that you cannot log in when your account is disabled.
Therefore, you should not waste time; reach out to Discord customer help and support the team to get help.
How do you enable your Discord?
Discord does not disable anyone's account without a valid reason. So if your Discord account is disabled, you could fix the problem with this approach.
1. Find out why they disabled your account in the first place
You have just entered your email and password, and Discord confirms that your account has been disabled. What do you do?
You have to find out why it has been disabled. Fortunately, Discord will send you an email explaining why your account has been disabled.
From that email, you also get to know how long your account will be disabled.
There are different penalties for breaking the terms and conditions of Discord. A good example is that a person who bullies others on a Discord server will not be able to log in to an account for an extended period.
It would help if you find out why your account is being disabled to prevent similar problems from happening in the future.
2. Contact Discord
Once you find out the reason, your account has been put on hold, contacting Discord is the only way you can enable it as fast as you can.
To reach out to Discord's support team, you will have to contact them at [email protected]. If you believe you were falsely accused, you can explain this over the email to Discord support. This approach should help reinstate your account more quickly.
Once you contact them, Discord will reply to your email accordingly. However, you should know that Discord will not help you if you go against the rules and regulations.
For example, suppose you have been bullying people on Discord, and there is evidence. In that case, your account will remain disabled as a punishment.
It would be best to remember that Discord is only doing this to ensure that the platform is non-abusive and safe for all users.
How to disable your own Discord account?
There are many people who may complain that their accounts have been disabled. Likewise, there are others who may want to disable their Discord accounts for some specific reason.
Disabling your Discord account is relatively easy, and the steps below could guide you in doing so:
- You need to go to your account settings and click on my account.
- At the bottom, you will find an option to disable your account. There is also an option for removing an account.
- If you chose to remove the account, you would have permanently deleted your account. So be careful when you disable your account.
When you disable your account, you can still restore it whenever you feel like being part of Discord again.
How to restore your self-disabled account?
Restoring your account shouldn't be a headache if you are the one who disabled it in the first place. What you have to do is:
- Go to your account and enter your email and password. You must ensure that your email and password are correct; otherwise, Discord could disable your account for inputting the incorrect login details.
- If you input incorrect details and you get disabled, you will have to go through a long process of Discord's support line to tell them it was you.
- Once you log in successfully, you can now restore your account.
If you have disabled your account, make sure that you restore it before 14 days are over; otherwise, Discord will permanently delete your account.
Irrespective of which Discord account you want to use, it will be disabled after fourteen days.
How can you use social media to contact Discord?
The good thing with the new era of social media is that companies can diversify their reach.
Discord has social media pages on different platforms, such as:
Using these platforms, you can still contact Discord by sending them a direct message, and they will get back to you.
If you do not get any response from the company regarding your disabled account, try to wait for a week before doing it on another platform. The company will not change its decision just because you reached out to them on another platform.
Make social media platforms your last option only if they do not hear your point.
How can you keep a Discord account safe?
To keep your account safe, you must refrain from all the activities not supported by Discord. Discord will disable your account once they notice that your account is causing harm to other users.
Therefore, it would be best to spend time reading the terms of service of Discord so that you can know what is illegal and avoid it.
Discord is an app that gamers use to communicate. People prefer to use Discord since it offers them some sense of protection.
Discord disables people's accounts if they fail to follow their terms of service. They disable accounts to achieve the goal of making Discord a non-abusive platform. Discord allows users to disable their accounts, but if the account remains disabled for more than fourteen days, the company deletes the disabled accounts.
You can also contact Discord by sending them a direct message on social media.
1.How old is Discord?
Discord has existed since its launch in May 2015. It has continuously gained popularity over the years. Today, it has over a hundred and fifty million active users.
2. What makes the Discord server so popular?
Two hundred fifty million people know Discord as a place for gamers to communicate online. Today, other people are joining Discord just to communicate and create communities where they can chat with each other.
3. Can an 11-year-old use Discord? - Discord account age
Unfortunately, you must be at least 13 years of age to use Discord. However, Discord does not confirm the age of its users upon signing up.
4. Is Discord private?
Discord offers standard end-to-end encryption but not for video chats. They have put a high value on user privacy. Also, Discord has stated that it does not share user data with third-party apps.
⇾ How to Stream HBO Max on Discord?
⇾ How to unblock someone on Discord?
⇾ How to See Sensitive Content on Twitter?
⇾ How to find someone on Discord if you don’t know their tag?
⇾ What does “Instagram User” mean?
⇾ How to save, find, delete, manage Instagram Drafts?
⇾ How to stream Hulu on Discord?