Let's consider an instance - you are working remotely from an unknown location or a holiday destination where you do have access to the internet (okay, but can you really function without the internet in the modern world?). You are prepared with your 'remote work setup kit' consisting of:
- Work-related documents
After a bit of time spent in putting your ideas into practice, your team lead calls you and asks you to share a copy of the agreement that you had taken home for signing. You do have the signed copy of this agreement, but do not have a scanner or a printer at the location. What would you do? Probably one of the two things below:
- Click a photo, patiently sit and edit it, then share it, to which the response from your manager would possibly be -'Not Acceptable!' 😢
- Request your manager for time so that you can share the signed copy when you return back
This is a typical situation when only the best remote scanner apps come to your rescue 🤘
Every document scanner app comes with a specific set of features to make your life easier which mainly revolve around the following:
- Compatibility: Either with Android, MacOS or iOS
- OCR and language support: OCR refers to Optical Character Recognition and helps the application recognize text from a scanned image. Apps such as Prizmo can recognize text in as many as 23 languages.
- Storage: As the document might be confidential or sensitive, apps such as Scannable do offer secure cloud storage options.
- Cost: With apps such as CamScanner, which has a 'Scanned with Camscanner' watermark below every scanned document, the premium version removes this watermark. Apps such as Adobe Scan also come with free and premium versions.
Check below our handpicked list of best receipt and document remote scanner apps for remote work.