Uses of note taking apps:
You would want the best note taking apps out there for many reasons, right from having handy sticky notes to making sure you don't miss an item while grocery shopping. We have listed a few of them below:
- List down items to buy
- Maintaining a wish list
- Jot down meeting agendas
- Remember and review formulae or important concepts
- Write and share code snippets
- Store and share photos and designs
- Store and share audio files
And the list goes on. This video from the middle of the 20th century is a cute and funny attempt at showcasing the importance of taking notes. And although they show it primarily for educational purposes, you get the point. In today's world, carrying a notebook with you everywhere you go is near-impractical. All of us have come to rely heavily on the best note taking tools. Note-taking apps have in fact become powerful now that they can probably handle every single use case you can think of.
Depending on your specific use case, you can ask yourself these set of questions to help you choose the best note-taking apps:
- What type of user am I? - Whether you are a Google Power user, MacOS user, Windows user, Android, or iOS user. Some note taking apps will have compatibility across multiple devices while others might just work on a single system.
- Am I a designer, developer, or just a regular user? - Apps such as Notion support all the three use-cases while note taking tools like Simple Note would primarily support the needs of a regular user
- Am I ready to pay for a note taking app? - Though most apps have a free version available for individuals, apps such as Fireflies.ai do charge a reasonable amount per user when using it for teams
Did we miss out on any note taking app that you are using? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Would be happy to hear your reviews 💙