How to put multiple pictures on Instagram Story - 4 Ways!
Written by: Hrishikesh Pardeshi, Founder at Flexiple, buildd & Remote Tools.
Last updated: Jan 19, 2023
Posting Instagram stories are the modern-day essentials to routine social media interactions. You can share anything through Instagram stories. Be it the pictures of your latest outing, or just the current album you are listening to, or maybe even random memes.
With the plethora of customizable features on Instagram, you can add your unique flair to every post you make. Plus, the stories are temporary, so you can truly make it your own!
Now posting pictures on Instagram story is mostly straightforward, but adding multiple pictures can get a little tricky. Now, if you are wondering how to put multiple pictures on Instagram story, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we have covered 4 different ways using which you can add multiple pictures to Instagram story, for both IOS and Android users. Keep reading to learn how!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to put multiple pictures in one Instagram story using the “Photo Sticker” feature
- How to add more than one photo to your Instagram story using the “Layout” tool
- How to add multiple pictures using the “Upload Multiple Pictures” feature
- How to add more than one photo to Instagram Story
- Why add multiple pictures to your Instagram Story?
There are a couple of ways you can put multiple pictures on Instagram story. Following each method will result in a totally different outcome. So make sure to first understand how you’d like your final post to look and accordingly select the method.
How to put multiple pictures in one Instagram story using the “Photo Sticker” feature
This is the first method you can use to put multiple pictures in an Instagram story. Here we will be using the “photo stickers” feature. Follow the steps below to know-how.
- Step 1: Open your Instagram app on your Android or IOS mobile phone
- Step 2: Log into your Instagram account.
- Step 3: Open your Instagram story, by swiping right on the home page.
- Step 4: Select the Create option “Aa” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Step 5: Upload a background or choose an appropriate background by clicking on the colored circle at the bottom right corner.
- Step 6: Once you have selected the background click on the ‘Sticker’ icon on the top bar.
- Step 7: Scroll down and select the “Photo Stickers” icon.
- Step 8: Choose a picture you wish to add.
- Step 9: Adjust the picture and tap on it to change the corners.
- Step 10: Follow the same steps again to add another image. Sticker Icon -> Photo Sticker -> Select Image
- Step 11: Add additional text or stickers to complete the post.
- Step 12: Click on the send button to post it as your story
Now you know how to add multiple images using the sticker feature!
How to add more than one photo to your Instagram story using the “Layout” tool
Another way you can add more than one photo to your Instagram story is by using the ‘Layout Tool’. The tool essentially splits your story into multiple sections. You can add a picture to each section. Here’s how you do it.
- Step 1: Open your Instagram app on your Android or IOS phone and log into your Instagram account.
- Step 2: Swipe right to open the Insta Stories
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Layout’ button
- Step 4: Select the Layout for your Insta story
- Step 5: Click on the add photos button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Step 6: You can accordingly add images to each partition until all partitions are filled.
- Step 7: Once you have added all the images, save the final picture.
- Step 8: Click on the send button to post it as your story.
How to add multiple pictures using the “upload multiple pictures” feature
This is probably the easiest way you can upload multiple pictures to your Instagram story. Follow these steps below to know-how!
- Step 1: Click on the Instagram app on your Android or IOS mobile device and log into your Instagram account.
- Step 2: Swipe right to open Instagram stories
- Step 3: Click on the “Add Image” icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Step 4: Click on the “Upload Multiple Pictures” button.
- Step 5: Select the pictures you want to add to your story
- Step 6: Click on the “Next” button
- Step 7: Once you have selected all the images and added all the text and stickers you wish to add, click on send to post the pictures as your Instagram Story
Note: Using this method you can post multiple pictures at once but all the pictures will be posted as separate story slides.
How to add more than one photo to Instagram Story
This method is slightly different from the previous three methods. You’ll be directly posting from your photos app in this case. Follow the instructions to know more. Do note that this method is only valid for Android users.
- Step 1: Open the photos app on your phone.
- Step 2: Select multiple photos if you want them to add as separate slides to your story. Select a single image if you wish to add multiple images on a single slide.
- Step 3: Click on the share button and select Instagram stories.
- Step 4: The selected picture will appear on the Storyboard
- Step 5: Click on the picture to adjust the image.
- Step 6: To add more images to the slide, click on the sticker icon on the top bar and go to photo stickers.
- Step 7: Select the second image and adjust it to fit with the previous image
- Step 8: Click on the “Next” button once you have added everything to the slide.
- Step 9: Click on “Send” to post the image as your story
Why add multiple pictures to your Instagram Story?
Knowing how to add multiple images to Instagram stories is important if you are a routine Instagram user. This will not only save you a lot of time but will also help you create aesthetically pleasing, cohesive, collage-like Instagram stories that make for really engaging content.
With this feature now, each Instagram story you post will surely be a huge hit. If you wish to know if any user has taken a screenshot of your story, you can refer to this article here. Also, if Instagram isn't allowing you to post photos, this article will surely help!
⇾ Does Instagram delete inactive accounts?
⇾ What Does ‘Idle’ Mean In Discord?
⇾ [Fixed] Discord Screen Share No Audio