Why do you need the best document collaboration tools while working remotely?
Given the importance of having the entire team in sync in a remote work setting, it is pretty obvious that you would want to work with only the best document collaboration tools. Document collaboration tools allow all team members to view, edit, and work synchronously to achieve common goals. Some of the very important use cases of these tools are:
- Management of documents (sharing and storage)
- Collaborative documentations
- Review of documents
- Task management
How are document collaboration tools useful?
Buffer preaches about asynchronous communication being their best practice while working remotely. It is of much importance that everyone on the team should be on the same page regarding absolutely anything. Leaving out even a single member from even the most minor update could be harmful to any team. And since the chances of this happening are all the more in a remote work setting, special care is to be taken so that every remote team member has been notified and has easy access to the complete information about anything. It is best to have all these updates documented in one place. Here are some of the benefits of document collaboration tools.
- Increased security - For instance, when you send emails, you will have greater (and selective) control over who can view/ edit it.
- Reduce the number of tools in your stack - Instead of having multiple apps for different use cases, one can use a single document collaboration tool (e.g. Slite, Notion) to have it all in one place.
- Increase in productivity - Time that’s spent on searching for and gathering a document is saved.
- Version control in documents - When changes are being made and are shared in the team, it might be tough to keep track of the latest version. Document collaboration tools do this automatically for you.
But, collaborating through just documents is not enough. We have hence put together a comprehensive list of tools and services for other collaborative purposes which you can check below: